All of us appreciate a stunning garden, however truth be told, potentially perilous plants that are poisonous to pets could be lurking in the shadows.
If gardening has become your latest hobby – then do try NOT to purchase any these 18 life-threatening plants, as the consequences of these being ingested could be fatal.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR PET DOES EAT ONE OF THESE FRIGHTENING FLORA?
Signs of toxicity vary depending on the type of poisonous plant your pet has ingested of course.
Common signs (as mentioned above) include vomiting, shaking, lack of coordination, coughing, sneezing, trouble breathing, seizures, diarrhea, weakness, changes in urine and drooling.
In some cases however, a potentially poisoned pet might not seem sick at all – as some reactions can take longer to occur than others. EEK!
So please please please do be aware and on the look-out for unusual pet behaviour AND again – plants that are poisonous to pets.
WHEN IN DOUBT
- Get them away from the toxin so that they can’t ingest any more of it.
- Secure the area if you have more than one pet in the house.
- CALL YOUR VET ASAP!
- Don’t try to induce vomiting if you don’t know what you’re doing – please – just NO.
- And last, but for sure not least, prevent your pet from grooming, just in case the toxins may have landed on their paws and/or fur.
For additional info regarding food your pets should NEVER eat – CLICK HERE.